Nowadays, SEO has proved to be the most effective channel of acquisition for e-commerce sites. In fact, organic searches generate nine times the number of clicks as paid advertisements. So, in order to stand out from the crowd and distinguish yourself from competitors and attract more traffic, it is crucial to invest in SEO.
As with any commercial event, Black Friday helps e-commerce merchants increase the volume of sales and thus their profits.
It is therefore necessary to seize this opportunity and improve his business figures.
Follow our SEO tips for Black Friday in this article.
Our SEO tips for optimizing your e-commerce as Black Friday approaches.
Before the big day of sales, Black Friday, which will take place this year on November 25th, it is essential to put in place effective actions to prepare your e-commerce strategy.
Here are some SEO tips to help you increase sales on your e-commerce site:
Before Black Friday, evaluate your marketing strategy.
The promotional period is one of the most profitable times for e-commerce. Therefore, it is critical to be well referenced on search engines. To achieve that, evaluate your search engine optimization strategy to determine all opportunities to seize on your website.
Remember to read: Focus on conducting an SEO audit
To revisit the foundations of your existing SEO strategy, consider evaluating the following key factors:
- Your website’s content (titles, keywords, descriptions, and so on),
- The quality and relevance of incoming and outgoing links,
- Metadata tags and image attributes
- Social media networks and your presence on them,
- Your website’s performance and speed,
- The visibility of action calls
Identify keywords related to Black Friday.
SEO strategies are built around keywords. So, it’s important for e-commerces to go through this stage first. Choosing the right queries during promotional periods is the foundation of optimizing your organic visibility.
Consider using phrases like “special offer” , “ black friday Iphone”, “black friday red dress,” etc. in the titles, descriptions, and tags of your website’s pages.
How should you choose keywords for your e-commerce during Black Friday?
To help you select key phrases during the promotional period, the following steps should be taken:
1-Set a competitive benchmark:
Observing and analyzing your competitors will allow you to determine which keywords are most popular and adjust your own accordingly.
Several options are available to you for completing your competitive benchmark:
- Google Alerts is your best friend.
- Subscribe to your competitors’ newsletters and social media accounts.
- Regular keyword, structure, and backlink audits…
2-Examine your previous years’ campaigns:
Making an analysis of previous Black Friday campaigns can help you determine:
- The pages that have generated the most traffic,
- The highest conversion rates,
- The effectiveness of the keywords used
- The most sought-after terms that are associated with Black Friday (other than the term “Black Friday” itself), such as ( offer, gift, promotion, discount, etc).
3-Enlarge and expand the list of keywords:
Your e-commerce’s keyword strategy should aim for several goals:
- Keywords for your company,
- keywords for your industry,
- keywords for your products and key words for the promotion period
To enrich and expand this list, it is recommended to use related keywords through combinations, diversifications, and the use of a varied semantic field related to your activity.
4-Opt for Rektic:
In addition to automatic content generation via artificial intelligence, Rektic provides the most sought-after keywords.
Improve your Black Friday landing page
To improve the SEO and user experience of your e-commerce site, you should create a Black Friday landing page. This will significantly improve your performance and visibility on the internet.
This page should include information specific to each country where customers can purchase your products. It needs to be updated during Black Friday.
To ensure the success of the landing page, the following elements must be included:
- Meta Tags that are optimized by keywords
- A detailed description of all the products included in the promotion
- An enticing Black Friday title to pique the interest of online shoppers and improve your site’s ranking in search engines.
- A countdown to create a sense of urgency for your customers and entice them to seize the opportunity.
Prepare your Black Friday seasonal content
The content is regal! This is one of the fundamental SEO principles. So, it is critical to strengthen your content strategy during the promotional period. Make new content, improve old ones, and, most importantly, be creative.
Here are some tips to help you succeed with your seasonal content:
- Use high-quality images to help buyers understand your offer clearly, and make sure they’re light so they don’t slow down the loading of the pages.
- Include additional meta-descriptions related to Black Friday.
- Insert a text description of the event into the page’s content. As a result, Google will be able to correctly identify the page and determine whether it is associated with a specific sale.
- Incorporate a variety of elements to accompany your offers (image, tutorial, shopping list, blog post, etc.).
- The page loading speed, which should be quick.
- The site’s usability, which must be intuitive and simple to use.
Choose a responsive design:
In a world where mobile searches account for half of all searches, it is mandatory that your website adapt to different screen resolutions. You must choose responsive design to implement these changes. This is a design approach that adapts to the environment in which it is seen. Furthermore, Google’s search engine penalizes websites that do not adapt to mobile devices. Consider implementing this system if it is not already in place.
With the addition of “Google helpful content,” this search engine has become more demanding in terms of responsive design, as well as other criteria.
Be active on social media
To achieve peak performance during the Black Friday/holiday season, it is critical that your social media marketing strategy adheres to SEO optimization principles. To be successful with this approach, you must:
- Update your profile and cover photos on all social media platforms.
- Regularly post publications related to this promotional period.
- Indicate the products that are part of a Black Friday sale.
- Indicate the start and end dates of the promotional period.
- Include the URL where they will find these promotions on your site (the URL of your landing page).
Evaluate your SEO performance
Measuring the performance of your SEO strategy allows you to determine whether your efforts have been effective and what changes need to be made. There are various techniques for this, such as the use of referencing analysis tools or the creation of positioning reports. These latter provide an overall view of the situation and allow you to define the actions needed to improve your visibility.
Several KPIs and analysis tools are available to you for this purpose, for example:
The goal of all natural search engine optimization activities you will undertake is to increase the amount of traffic coming from search engines, i.e. the number of visitors to your website.
It is recommended to use Google Analytics to measure this traffic, which is one of the most important SEO KPIs to analyze. This latter will provide you with valuable information:
- The sociodemographic data from your traffic,
- The number of internet users who have visited your website.
- The bond rate and the average duration of the sessions
- The most visited pages on the site,
- The analysis of your visitors’ behavior…
2-The visibility part:
You must use the Google Search Console tool to analyze your search engine visibility. This will also allow you to track three important SEO KPIs:
3-The number of impressions:
The number of impressions is the number of times a user has seen a link to your website in Google, Google News, or Discover.
4-The number of clicks:
The number of clicks corresponds to the number of times a user has clicked on one of your links to access your website.
5-The click-through rate
The number of clicks is directly related to the click rate. It allows you to assess the relevance and performance of your website in search results based on specific keywords.
Black Friday is an opportunity to increase your sales and the ranking of your website in search engines. Nonetheless, it is a significant challenge. To realize the full potential of your sales potential, optimize your e-commerce site and implement a digital marketing strategy.
It is recommended that you hire SEO experts and use a service like Rektic to accomplish this.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for a demonstration.