The optimization of web content is based on a set of great practices to follow in order to achieve a higher ranking in search engine results (SERP). The creation of optimized content is a requirement to effectively respond to the target audience’s search intent and convince the search engine of the effectiveness of your copy.
In this regard, you must reconsider your web writing strategy, including keyword research, writing, and natural referencing (SEO). For more information, check this article.
6 great tricks to optimize web content
Determine the search intentions of Internet users
It is important to define the target audience’s profile in order to deliver relevant content to them. This study allows you to understand their search intent and effectively respond to their expectations while keeping the company’s goals in mind.
In this context, it is useful to answer back to certain questions, such as:
- What are the characteristics of the target audience: nationality, age, occupation, gender, search habits, and so on?
- What product or service is the internet user looking for?
- What are the company’s goals, and what values does it want to convey?
A thorough understanding of the target audience’s profile serves to inform the web editor about the information to convey through his content. As a result, he can aim for a higher ranking in search engine results.
Create readable content
The content is the pivotal point for engaging and retaining customers. In this case, it is essential to create content that is easily readable, easy to manage, and provides an excellent user experience to both internet and mobile users.
To achieve this, you must:
- Avoid long blocks of text that don’t fit with the preferences of some readers, and instead favor short paragraphs. As a result, your audience will have a better reading experience.
- Hierarchize your copy using headings and subheadings like h1, h2, h3,… hn to improve the structure of your content and quickly inform the reader about the content of each block.
- Use numbering or bulleted lists to better structure your content and provide a more appealing result that encourages reading.
These guidelines will help you significantly in creating readable web content in which you can incorporate keywords and related expressions in a natural and consistent manner.
As a result, you can ensure that visitors understand your ideas more easily and that indexing robots can easily explore your copy.
Avoid the overuse of keywords: Keyword Stuffing
Keyword Stuffing is a “Black Hat” SEO technique that Google penalizes. This method was used in the 1990s to achieve a higher ranking in search results.
The greater the density of the searched keyword in a piece of content is, the greater the likelihood that the site will appear on the first pages of the SERP.Consequently, content creators have resorted to keyword stuffing and have sacrificed the quality of their content in order to achieve a higher ranking.
However, as search engine algorithms evolved, Keyword Stuffing became an obsolete SEO spam technique that has a negative impact on content ranking. Overloading your content with multiple occurrences of the same keyword creates a tedious repetition that bores the reader and significantly reduces the natural sequencing of ideas.
The priority is now given to the internet user. The more satisfied he is with his user experience, the more likely the site is to increase its level of authority in the eyes of the search engine.
Respect the natural reference guidelines (SEO)
While customer satisfaction is important in ranking a website, optimizing web content by following SEO best practices is also essential.
To that end, it is crucial to follow these guidelines:
- Base your search on a single target query (or single keyword) per page, to which you add a secondary keyword. Based on these expressions, you can create more rich content that will ensure greater visibility.
- Conduct a thorough search for the most relevant keywords to ensure a high ranking for your web content.
- Incorporate keywords into the content in a deliberate manner.
- Select a captivating SEO heading that briefly describes the content of your page, while placing the main keyword at the beginning of the title.
- Setup the indexation of your web pages based on your needs. To accomplish this, mark the pages that should be indexed as “do-follow” and those that should not be visited by indexation robots as “no-follow.”
- Strengthen your netlinking strategy in order to obtain quality incoming links (or backlinks) from authoritative sites. These external links play a critical role in establishing your site’s reputation in the eyes of search engines and ensuring a consistent higher ranking in search results.
Make the most of Internal Linkage
Internal linkage is one of the most important aspects of any SEO strategy. It consists in creating a network of links that connects your site’s internal pages. This allows you to create a silo (or semantic cocoon) which improves the visibility of your entire website or blog’s pages. You can contextualize your web content logically by structuring your pages as web branches.
These branches are linked together by a logical internal linkage that connects the pages via semantic links. Consequently, you can provide a more fluid navigation and a more comprehensive view of your website to visitors. You can also direct it to a related page that covers a topic related to the one being discussed.
Alternatively, you can use it to direct traffic to a transactional page that includes a conversion action: purchase, subscription, etc.
Focus on a specific topic
It is essential to bring forward the information sought by the visitor in order to provide an excellent user experience to them from the moment they arrive on your website or blog. As a result, it is recommended that you concentrate on writing a specific topic per page.
By following this rule, you can focus your efforts on creating more relevant content that adds value to the reader.
It is possible to compose a consistent copy that responds precisely to the search query by incorporating a rich lexical and semantic field relevant to the topic at hand. It is important to follow these practices in order to achieve this goal:
- Adopt the inverted pyramid structure, through which you present the subject of your content in the introduction (or chapter). Following that, you develop the response to the specific query in the body of the copy. Finally, you close with a conclusion that summarizes the most important ideas.
- Develop a lengthy content with the goal of covering as many ideas as possible that arise from the primary topic and thus creating a more comprehensive content that provides a more complete answer to the research intention.
- Be specific, and don’t lose sight of the topic at hand.
It is important to remember that you are not the only one working on the subject of writing, there are several editors who work on the same topic and have already published content on it. Therefore, it is essential to make your content stand out from existing copies by providing real added-value to your readers and encouraging them to favor your copy over others.
It is recommended to use SEO writing assistance solutions, such as Rektic, in order to write for the web in a more efficient and, above all, timely way.
Rektic: an SEO optimization tool for increasing Google visibility quickly.
Rektic is a SaaS SEO solution aided by Artificial Intelligence (AI). This solution aims to improve the efficiency and productivity of SEO editors through a set of practical features that we will explore in the following sections:
Creation of titles
Rektic makes use of the latest deep learning technology (GPT-3) to generate headings and subheadings that are relevant to your writing topic. Furthermore, it assists you in implementing favorable SEO practices (Meta title and meta description) in order to develop the “featured snippet” required to facilitate the indexation of your copies by Google and other search engines.
These metrics are also important for increasing your click-through rate and improving your local SEO if you are targeting a specific population using a geographic criterion.
Suggestion of inspiration sources
Rektic uses the power of artificial intelligence to unlock the creativity of web editors who are stuck for ideas and inspiration while staring at a blank page.
In this case, Rektic recommends the best-performing competitors’ articles, which editors can use to rewrite content based on current trends and save time searching for reliable sources of inspiration.
Rektic also provides the most frequently asked questions by users in order to keep SEO editors and copywriters up to date on the latest search trends and topics of interest to them.
The search for keywords requires a significant amount of time and effort in order to select the most appropriate expressions for your writing topic. In this regard, Rektic provides an effective keyword generation feature that saves you time spent searching for the most valuable keywords on which to position your content.
Using this feature, you can take advantage of a rich expression field to create an impactful copy that provides a precise response to the search query.
Effective online collaboration
One of the most significant benefits provided by Rektic is online collaboration. This solution provides a social communication interface (a chat room) for members of the writing team. Users can collaborate in a more coherent and efficient manner thanks to this real-time exchange technique.
They can share ideas, discuss editorial strategy optimization points, and involve all stakeholders, including clients, to track the project’s progress.Members of the team can also share their documents with those who have access to this platform.
Each participant has a specific role (editor or reader) that allows them to handle a document within the limits of their access level. This feature is very useful for increasing the security of document sharing and avoiding time loss and misplacement of certain articles when sent via email.
Optimizing your content is a crucial requirement if you want to rank higher in search engine results. It is also a powerful component in reaching customer satisfaction and qualified traffic acquisition. In this case, you must align yourself with good practices in order to optimize your web content wisely.
You must develop a solid understanding of your target audience in order to better understand their needs and align your content with their expectations. Following that, you can begin your quest for the keywords that are most frequently sought-after by your target and used in their search queries.
Once your keyword density has been determined, you can use it to compose your content. In order to create high-quality, SEO-optimized content, you can use an SEO optimization solution such as Rektic, which is supported by the AI.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for a demonstration!